Plan Your Visit
Free and open to the public
Open Monday, Wednesday–Sunday, 11 am–5 pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day
Located near the corner of Skinker and Lindell Boulevards, the Kemper Art Museum is directly west of Forest Park on the Danforth Campus of Washington University in St. Louis. The Museum is a short walk from the University's East End garage and from the Skinker MetroLink station. Visitors may also be dropped off at the Brookings Drive circle, located off of Skinker Boulevard.
Download this map here
The Kemper Art Museum is committed to accessible experiences of the galleries and programming. Some of our accommodations include:
- Wheelchairs, electric scooters, and service animals are welcome in the Museum.
- Free manual wheelchairs and large-print labels are available at the Welcome Desk.
- Accessible parking and an elevator are available in Washington University’s East End Garage, a short distance from the Museum.
- Gallery stools are available on each floor.
- American Sign Language interpretation can be arranged for guided tours or public programs upon request with two weeks’ notice.
- Sensory kits are available at the Welcome Desk. The Museum’s Study Room may be used as a calming space based on availability. Inquire at the Welcome Desk.
- The nearest all-gender restroom is located in Steinberg Hall. The nearest lactation rooms are located in Brauer Hall and Busch Hall.
- The Kemper Art Museum is a Blue Star Museum. Active military families receive a 25% discount in the Museum Shop and Coffee Bar.
For other requests and any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.935.4523. Your request should be made at least two weeks in advance of your planned visit. Please be advised that some accommodations are contingent upon the availability of a service.
Stop by the Coffee Bar during regular Museum hours for a variety of hot and cold beverages, a selection of bakery items from local shops, sandwiches from Parker’s Table, and ice cream sandwiches from Sugarwitch!
Currently the Coffee Bar only accepts credit/debit cards.
Members receive a 10% discount in the Coffee Bar.
Visit the Museum Shop for a unique array of artistic gifts and books. Along with Museum publications, the Shop carries a thoughtful selection of collection- and exhibition-related titles.
All purchases benefit the Museum.
Members receive a 10% discount in the Museum Shop.
The Study Room is a space dedicated to support academic instruction and scholarly research on the collection. The Study Room provides a venue for faculty, students, scholars, and the public to access artworks not on public view. Learn more.
Scheduling a Tour
Tours can provide an engaging look at one of the Kemper Art Museum’s special exhibitions or highlights from the permanent collection.
Galleries and Sculpture Garden
Explore the Museum's three levels and take a glimpse at artworks outside the galleries.
The Kemper Art Museum is available to rent for special occasions. This contemporary, art-filled space provides a unique setting with exclusive gallery access for guests.
Art on Campus
The Art on Campus program is a growing collection of public artworks by nationally and internationally recognized artists.